Friday, June 28, 2013

Give me a definition.

This is just some of the thoughts that come into my head whenever I see/hear this word. 

The first thought, of a normal person, would be, themselves, but, I am not like that. I do not understand how I am beautiful. I seem to internally focus on my flaws more, instead of embracing them and diving into the world. 

So, I ask…

What’s the definition of beautiful? 

Is it the amount of makeup that graces a woman’s face? 

Is it in the eye of the beholder or the eye of person that truly needs to embrace it?

Society has skewed views of what should define beauty. 

For example, if you are a size 2, have some form of augmentation on your frame, and dripping with designer labels; our society deems you as a goddess. 

If you are a girl with curves relaxing in sweatpants, you are avoided like the plague. 

I just don’t understand why we all cannot be seen as beautiful. 

Some say beauty is only skin deep and some say, you are beautiful;  inside and out. i don’t know what to believe. 

I guess this is just me having an issue with embracing myself as the person I am and I don’t do this for sympathy. 

These thoughts are constantly racing through my head. 

I always think, I have gorgeous friends…why are they hanging out with me? They have guys flocking all over them and I feel like I’m just the dark shadow looming in to back. 

I guess some things I never understand and some questions will never be answered. So, let me ask this question again; what is the definition of beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment